11 May 2009

Finally……an update…..blogging again!

Sheila -  I had someone email me recently and ask if everything was okay since she hadn’t seen any blog posts lately (thanks Debbie!) so it reminded me that I needed to get busy!!

Eric has settled into a routine in the desert finally.  He is working 6 days a week and goes to church services on Sunday at the chapel.  He and his 2 roommates make up 60% of the church! (there are only about 5 that attend).  We are so thankful for modern technology!   We are able to talk via Skype almost everyday.  For those that don’t know what Skype is……it is video calling with a webcam from computer to computer and the best part is….it’s FREE!!   How stinkin’ cool is that?  So not only do we get to hear his voice we get to see his face!!!  Not to mention his totally bald head and his desert tan.   Boy how things have changed since his deployment 18 years ago when we could only use snail mail!

Back to Eric……he is with about 11 Navy guys working with/for Army special ops guys.  I don’t think I’m supposed to say exactly where he is.  They are doing building projects on the base.  I’ll have to encourage him to blog so he can give better details.  I’m so proud of him.  He has such a great attitude except when his patience runs short in dealing with what he calls “ignant” people.  Maybe the Lord is trying to teach him something!  God has surely shown favor on him during this deployment.  He likes his roommates (southern boys from Tennessee and South Carolina , he has been given great opportunities for leadership, he has not really seen any real danger, apparently they eat like kings, they have cable tv, he is not bored (as he and boredom don’t get along well!), and he gets to stay in touch with his family on a regular basis.  It could have been so much worse.  Thank you Lord for your grace and kindness!

As for the rest of the Treat household……things are going well.  Really….they are.  Avery has transitioned beautifully into his role as chief lawn caretaker!  He push mows, weed-eats and blows it.  I finally hear him taking pride in “his” yard now instead of complaining about doing it.  God is good!  Shelby has been so busy with school and soccer.  Occasionally she has some sad moments of missing her daddy but they pass quickly.  I am so proud of them!!   They have handled this journey with grace and faith.  As for me,  truly by God’s grace and faithfulness, I am doing fine.  We have had a few “deployment demons” but God always  sees us through.  We went away for a weekend and came home to no water.   So many people offered to come take a look I had to turn people away.  It was fixed so quickly when a great friend showed up with someone that fixed it in about 15 minutes- and for FREE!!  How amazing is the body of Christ?!!   Someone is always checking to see if we need anything.  Another friend came over and switched out some electrical outlet plates & switches for us too.  People have kept our dogs, offered to help taxi children where they need to go, simply hung out with my kids while I was working and countless other things.  

So…….things are great except for missing Eric tremendously!  Sometimes I think that people think I am just pretending to be okay.  But I really am………..I don’t understand why people find it so hard to believe except for the fact that everyone handles things differently. Here is the bottom line for me……..I have NOTHING and I mean NOTHING to complain about. First and most of all, I serve an amazing God and my life is His not my own….He sets the agenda, not me.  If I say I am a person of faith I have to live it….talk is cheap.   My husband is alive and well, my kids are learning to be strong and deal with the realities of life, we have an income that provides food and shelter in hard economic times, we have been blessed beyond measure with the best friends & family ever,  and we get to live in the greatest country in the world!  So…what in the world would I have to complain about?  I’m so proud of my family and ever grateful to the Living God that ‘supplies all of our needs according to His riches in glory!’

Blessings to you!

087

6 comments:

JenB said...

I'm so proud of all of you! What a blessing and inspiration you are. I love you guys!!

Faith said...

Great update! I'm so thankful for all of the ways that God is meeting y'alls needs and answering our prayers. Y'all are awesome and such a blessing to us. We are so thankful that we get to share life together! Love you all!

ThreeGirlyGirls said...

You are amazing!! You inspire me with your great attitude about this journey you are on. Thanks for the update!! =)

MiMi said...

So great to read an update! How encouraging it is to read your post and hear all the ways that God is providing for you and your precious family!!

I am so thankful for Skype so that ya'll can talk to Eric and see him face-to-face! Technology is amazing, isn't it?

Glad that you all are adjusting so well. You are such an inspiration to me and I am so thankful that I have had the opportunity to get to know you better!

Looking forward to Brazil! Remember...I call the front seat! (-;

Love you guys,
Emilie

Carol said...

Dearest, what a blessing this blog is. Thank you for sharing your day to day dealings and showing me yet again how wonderful our God is that is in control. We are all so blessed to see a strong Christain man stay the course with God as his leader in all things. You are truly blessed with this wonderful man. I pray always for you and your family. I have Eric on our prayer list at church, please know if there is anything else....call!!

My love & prayers to you and your family,

Carol

sanjeet said...

What a blessing and inspiration you are. I love you guys!!
post free classified ads