23 January 2009

22Jan09

The call or should I say e-mail came in September with mixed emotions as I read it, ( You have been called to ACTIVE DUTY ) This was always a possibility, as a reservist this is what you train for, but needless to say it's still a shock when you read the words. There were a whole host of feelings that I was trying to deal with and not doing a very good job of it. All I could think about was leaving a wife, two kids, family and work. All of the issue's that you have to deal with was a little overwhelming. The little things in life that you normally don't pay any attention too all of a sudden become major issue's, like making sure my son knew how to mix oil and gas for the weed eater to how to reprime the well after a power failure, not to mention get a Will prepared turn in a leased car and accomplish lord only knows how much online training for the Navy.
Not until it dawned on me that this was a little much for myself, did I give it to God and let him work out all the issues on his time. ( not sure why I didn't do this first ) It is awesome to stand back and watch the Lord prepair the way, all I have to do now is hold on and ride.
The goodbye's were still hard leaving all that I loved behind me but what a neat adventure to be going on. God has a plan and if for some reason your not sure of it for your self just ask and he will reveal it to you.
Arrived in Port Heuneme CA. on 11JAN09 around midnight after one lay over and missed flight in Atlanta ( Delta rocks ) and a sweet bus ride to the base from LAX that took forever. Found my little piece of of heaven in a bottom bunk in a room full of other guys, at least it had my name on it and it was spelled correctly.
The first week was fairly uneventful, this is the check in phase. Every doctor dentist and lord only knows who else had to "check me out" thankfully "I'm good". this is a process that has sent several people home for some reason or another. I have made it trough all that and now I can get focused on training for what ever mission we are tasked with.
The next few weeks will see the tempo increase and the training increase as well. The cool part is that I have had time in the evenings to spend with the Lord in my quiet time before I go to sleep, and I have found that he has met my every need throughout this whole evolution, he gives me the strength every day no matter the situation.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Eric,

Thanks for sharing this journey with us. We are praying for you, and your family.

The Nance Family
Sandy, Lisa, Logan and Nolan

JenB said...

So good to read your words, Eric! Praying for all of you.