29 January 2009

Thoughts from Avery.......

Avery -It's been 2 and a half weeks now since my dad left and it's going pretty good but I think it is going to get more sad as March and April get here. Right now it feels like he is just on a business trip and will be back soon. I having been thinking 'Man, I don't really want to do the whole yard by myself this summer' but right now it's good because there is not grass to mow. However, I accept the fact that I have to step up to some "manly" stuff and greater responsibilities while dad is gone. Besides....Shelby is surely going to have to help with the yard! The bright side is that I will know how to do all this when I get married someday. Oh yea......I got my very own new weed eater (sized just for me) before dad left!

I am trying to be positive about this journey so here are some other things I think are positive about it: Dad should be back before Thanksgiving and Christmas (hopefully!), sometimes we get to eat cereal for supper-woohoo!(don't worry dad-we aren't starving-mom still cooks some), hopefully dad is supposed to be back in time for hunting season, sometimes I get to sleep in mom's bed, my bedtime is a little later--like midnight--just kidding dad!!!

On the down side, dad will miss my birthday, Easter, and 4th of July. Also, I am the ONLY boy in the house now....even our 2 dogs are girls....that means I have to watch Platinum weddings and What Not to Wear...ugh!! (mom had mercy on me though and we got the military and outdoor channel right before dad left). The worst part is that I just miss my dad.

God has blessed us with great friends like our Chad & Faith Stilwell. Thanks to Chad for taking me to Bass Pro, Dick's, playing video games with me, and looking at airsoft guns with me. Thanks to him and Ms. Faith for also taking me over to their house for pizza, american idol, and guitar hero. Ya'll are the best! Thanks to Evan, Blake, and Mr. Mike McCarn for taking me squirrel hunting. Also, thanks to everyone for their prayers and for asking about us. We are doing good. I am proud of my dad and I can truly say that he is a hero! Gotta go for now.

3 comments:

Faith said...

Sweet Avery, my love for you just grew even more. I am so proud of you and the way you are stepping up to new responsibilities. I know your dad is SO proud of you!

Y'all are welcome at our house ANYTIME!!We love you all so much!!

JenB said...

Awww Avery. You almost made me cry. I'm proud of you!

Melissa said...

Avery! You are so grown up! And how cool that you got your own weed eater? ha!! :) As I read that I prayed for you guys. I know that the Lord will bless your time when your dad returns 100 fold because of your selflessness. You are doing sooo great! Hang in there and keep trusting the Lord for all that He will do through this time!