11 February 2009

10 random, but positive, things..........

Today we officially have one complete month behind us-woohoo!..........and he hasn't even left the states yet! Of course, we really don't know how many months left that leaves since they haven't told us anything.....so goes life in the military!

Not being used to this blogging thing, I haven't really known what to write so I decided I would write some random things today.

I am the optimist in the family so let's look at the positive sides of this journey we are currently on.......

1. I get the king sized bed all to myself...well....almost-when Avery isn't begging to sleep with me.
2. It's amazing how laundry for 3 instead of 4 people is so much more manageable.
3. I don't watch a lot of TV but if I wanted to I don't have to fight for the remote.
4. The house is much more quiet during the night since we have only one snorer now instead of two! (maggie, the boston terrier, holds her own)
5. Casseroles and one-dish meals have now returned to the Treat household.
6. I can save $ and time by implementing #5 above!
7. My kitchen counter remains free of all kinds of "stuff" like bolts, screws, pens, coins, 2 sets of keys, pocket knives, small notebooks, receipts, gadgets that I have no clue as to what they are.
8. Shoes!! I haven't tripped over any shoes in the last month!
9. The toilet seat is always down (although Eric is pretty good about that most of the time)
10. I have talked to Eric more on the phone in the past 30 days than I have talked to him on the phone ever. He hates talking on the phone!

That's all I can come up with for now. Just for the record.......I would rather share my bed, trip over shoes, cook meat and potatoes, listen to snoring (well, maybe not), have cluttered kitchen counters, and wash some extra clothes if it meant my husband could be home instead of somewhere else out there. So the down side is this.......we miss him terribly! Love you Eric!

1 comment:

Faith said...

Such a good post, Sheila! I love that you are looking for the positives in all of this, but I know that you all miss him terribly. Praying for his quick and safe return!!

Love you all!