12 February 2009

11FEB09

As my wife stated in the previous post her 10 random things that are a positive I to have 10 random things, but I would not classify them as positive. Now I'm not going to say that everything is bad because that would not be true, many things have happened in the past 30 days that are great. My quite time with the Lord is awsome, time spent with people from different places has been good, have met new friends, so all isn't bad. But for now I will stick to the not so positive 10 random things.

(1) I get my own twin size bed all to myself, with the exception of my bunk mate.

(2) Laundry for 1 sure does multiply when you only get to it once a week.

(3) I don't get to watch any TV unless it's with 20 people. 2 TV's for 300 people, not a good ratio.

(4) My house is MUCH louder with 50 men in the same room snoring.( the Lord could'nt make enough breath rite strips for this group.)

(5) I would love to have a casserole compared to the galley food. ( no taste, no salt, no seasoning.)

(6) No money saved, it still cost the same to eat galley food GOOD or BAD.

(7) No kitchen counter to put stuff, now it has to be stowed away in my locker.

(8) Shoes, instead of just mine there are a couple hundred pairs in the way at any given time.

(9) The toilet seat may be up or it may be down, anyway you can bet it will be wet, so you better check it out, or you maybe in for a big supprise when you sit down.

(10) I will say that I have talked to my wife alot since I left and thats a good thing.

This is just a few non-positive things about a deployment. I am sure I will see more.

1 comment:

Faith said...

The 50 men snoring...I would go insane. I can't believe you have to pay for that food, and no salt - really?? And number nine...oh my word, I can only imagine!

Great post from you, ET! We love you and are praying for you so much.

P.S. Ave is hanging out here tonight. I'm listening to gunshots as they're in there playing PlayStation, and we have cookies to bake later on. He's such a great kid and I know you are so proud of him!