15 February 2009

letter to my wife

Valentines day is a day when we share with our loved one a special note, flowers, or even chocolate. I am unable to do that this year so I decided to share with my wife a letter here.

Dear Sheila,
It is hard for me to understand just how lucky I am that God had a plan for me and you so many years ago. I can not tell you how thankful I am to have a person such as you as a partner and a friend. You have been a rock for me when things have been good , and when things have been bad. I consider you not only a wife but my best friend. You manage to bring a smile to my face in any situation. You have given me two awsome kids that would bring a smile to any dads face. Your love and devotion to the Lord is a carractor trait that I strive to emulate.

It breaks my heart that once again we are separated this valentines day but more than that we will be separated on our anniversary. The navy may be able to take us to different parts of the world but they will never be able to separate my love for you. The past twenty years has been full of joy and some sadness but I feel that the best has yet to come. I know the Lord is with us and will continue be our guiding light not only now but well into the future. I only wish that I could get a look at what that holds, but that is for the lord to know.

The next several months will be trying at best but know that I love you with all my heart and soul. I can not say for certain what that holds but feel secure in your heart that my love will never fail.

Your Loving husband, Eric.

ps. Thanks for picking me!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Faith said...

This is so incredibly sweet! Happy Valentines Day y'all!